Friday, September 12, 2014

Unity FWF: Owls and Copics

I am taking the OCC Copics for Card Makers class.  So it made sense for me to multi-task and create a card that satisfies both areas.  I am head-over-heals for the just arrived Unity September KOTM,
"(happy, thankful, blessed)" set.

I stamped the owl from that set, scanned it, printed it and used the Klic N Kut to cut out the printed image.  Yes...I am on a roll with my KNK.  I printed the owls on Copic friendly card stock and with the ink jet ink, I don't have to be concerned with the black outlines bleeding.  Awesome!  I set about using a color chart I created thanks to the OCC card class and used some of the color combos (see flipflop color chart below) to use as a color study with the owls.  See...a twofer!

The card base is a medium weight chip board.  I stamped the leaf border from the KOTM for the background and filled in just a few of the leaves.  I may have over done that one...oh well.  I am enjoying learning my way around Copic markers and employing my KNK in the process.  Love it when I can combine different methods and tools.

Thanks for looking and your comments are very welcome...



12 comments:

  1. These owls are fabulous. Love the little trio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owls are adoreable Farley, I can see why you love them :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These owls are gorgeous. Love the pretty colours you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combos on the owls. Mine has arrived, but I have not inked any of it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say nope, not overdone... just right! The owls are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So colorful for Autumn. Such cute owls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards - your owls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab! The owls look great, and you've got some nice shading going on with the flip flops! :)

    ReplyDelete