Monday, March 25, 2013

Charley's Birthday Card

My son turned 19 today!  How did that happen?  I can recall his birth like it was yesterday.  And what a special day it was, changing our lives and for the better.  Charley is a tuxedo-wearing-trumpet musician and a rather fine one...says his mom, LOL.  For his birthday he asked to go see Wynton Marsalis and his band play at the Mondavi Center in Davis.  Music is an important part of his life so with the concert still fresh in our minds this card just came to mind.  I had the tuxedo/sheet music paper in my stash.  I added the sentiment stamps appropriately from Club Scrap's "All That Jazz" collection.  The results:


I wanted the "all that jazz" sentiment to pop out somehow so I folded the ends back on themselves and creased the center so it could fold flat but come out when opened.  It worked fairly well.



The sentiment can also pop outwards.


5 comments:

  1. Perfect card for your Charley! Happy Birthday and great job Mom and Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fabulous!!! You'll have to teach me that little pop out assembly. My spatial abilities are fading. This is great and I'm sure Charley loves it!!! Happy birthday, young man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh, Farley...this card is stunning! Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Farley! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete