Monday, March 11, 2013

Same Journal Page, Second Layer

I spent this past weekend taking passes over these pages.  First thing I noticed after drawing black ink lines around the edges was the image of a bird's head...naturally!  So I drew in it's head and added a wing.  On the right edge I drew a few free-hand leaves.  The center red and black flowers is a stamp from Alisa Burke as are the left yellow ones.  I used Distress Paints to fill in the white spaces that weren't working for me, just leaving an outline of white remaining on both sides.

Working with the theme for the week's inspiration is "Be a good listener".  I don't think this is quite what Shimelle had in mind but while I was working on the stamp portion yesterday, I stopped to "listen" and then journaled in extra fine black Sharpie, what I was hearing.

Far from done yet.  The center will be next and I think the leaves and wing may have to be a bit altered too.  Time will tell.  Meanwhile I have a sketch ready for my next page that I am busting to start.  I actually have a plan which is not normal for me, LOL.


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. So much more artful than mine. My pages are journeyman style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...but don't be silly about your journal pages. I love the colors, the dotted strip, clock and subject. It all works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! Make that birthday card!!!

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete