Thursday, March 14, 2013

Playing With New Toys

I've had these two toys for a week and I'm just now getting to play with them.  First toy is the Tim Holtz texture fade blueprint, second is Hero Arts, Skyscraper die.  They seemed like a natural together but that thought only came to me tonight, not at the time of purchase.

Navy card stock then was embossed with the blueprint folder, then lightly swiped with Club Scrap's wonderful white pigment ink pad.  The buildings were cut on the Cuttlebug from various colored scraps in my stash.  I stamped the buildings with October Afternoon's "Cakewalk" cling rubber background stamp in Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire.  Happy Birthday stamp is from Club Scrap stamped on a die cut label from Simon Says Stamp!

I think this will make a great guy card.


2 comments:

  1. What a stroke of genius! and you didn't even plan the purchases together. Do I get any credit for being the little devil on your shoulder? Seriously, these work soooo well together. And guess what, last night I found some photos which would be complemented by that die. I may have to own it. Enough about me... I love this card. All the little extra touches. It's a great and masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to own that die too....sigh...

    ReplyDelete