Thursday, March 7, 2013

Art Journals

Yesterday my friend Jen and I took a little road trip out to Berkeley.  Our mission was to meet up with friend Lucy, shop at Scrapbook Territory, lunch at the Pyramid Brewery, shop some more.  We succeeded in all ways.

One of the main things I was out to find was a suitable art journal to begin some serious experimenting in.  I succeeded in actually finding two journals which now brings me up to having 3 going at once.

With 3 journals there should never be any waiting for some kind of art work to be happening.  While one is drying the other can be used.   The one with the Kraft paper pages will be more like a diary and planner for my ideas.  The little board book and the Dyan Reaveley journal...well, anything goes!

Below you can see my efforts to date.  The little board book has been sitting in my craft room for years.  Last night I completed (I think completed) my first page in playing with my new Stabilo pencils, a wooden veneer bird cage that I used as stencil, Distress Paints, Spectrum Noir markers and my beloved Alisa Burke feather stamps.  Next stop...slopping around in the big journal, LOL.

Thanks for looking!





4 comments:

  1. Great job Farley! Love the journals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start, the painting and using that wood birdhouse as a stencil are fantastic! You'll like that big Dylusions journal. It's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Farley. I love that birdcage page. So many layers. It's an adventure in itself. Those little handcarved stamps are great. I should have bought them. And you know how I feel about the feathers. All pages are great. AND... excellent idea...having several journals going so you can work on one while the other ones dry. A+

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally looked at this on a BIG screen. Love the details and the journaling. I don't know which page I like better. The feather comment is cute. And I love your diary of our day in Berkeley. Those little stamps are really growing on me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete