Friday, August 22, 2014

Unity FWF with Esmerelda

I have nick-named her Ezzie.  She is adorable with so much personality.  I started with a heavy cream colored card stock, and sponged on assorted Distress Inks for the background.  Then stamped a variety of other Unity stamps (see list below).  I masked Ezzie with Eclipse paper and stamped the ghosts in white ink and got the translucent appearance I was hoping for.  Also stamped the accompanying Boo (just the boo in a sentiment stamp)...Please ignore the up-side-down boo.  It was late and I start making mistakes around midnight.  The panel was then edged in Distress Black Soot and layered on a pumpkin colored panel which I adhered to a lavender card base.  Ezzie herself was colored with Distress Markers in the same colors as the background behind her.

Thanks for looking and your comments.



Unity stamps used:
Esmerelda Girl
Totally Happy (crow on fence)
Stitched Daffodils (for the ground)
Retro Mod Clocks (don't ask me why I threw that in:)
3 Boo's (ghosts and "boo")

15 comments:

  1. I love how you used Totally Happy and Stitched Daffodils as part of the background! This card is stunning! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the background and details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I like the ghosts and boo stamped in white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, love the color blends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. I like the clock too...makes me think of The Witching Hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, thanks and that was what I was thinking. I wish I had a stamp that said witching hour.

      Delete
  6. Great background. The stitched daffodils make a great ground

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love the colors and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card! I love the blended color background and all of the different spooky elements stamped in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! I love all the spirits in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Farley.. the colors are just so YUMMY!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and colorful. Love what you did with the inks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love this! the stamps you used work so well together.

    ReplyDelete