Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Online Card Class: Stretch Your Stamps - Day One

Really it's day 3 of class already but who is keeping track?  Not me!  This is one of the things I enjoy about OCC...you can sign up for classes and take them at your leisure.  I prefer to try to keep up but in real life it's not that practical.

Day one had us making background pieces with large background stamps.  With some embossing powder and watercolors, the backgrounds really turned out interesting.   This is a background stamp from Hero Arts.




The first two cards are made with the above panel.  I did not follow (shocker) the actual card designs, great as they were.  But this process was fun and encouraged me to play with it and my dies.  I used the stamped and embossed panel to die cut the feathers and birds for the two below cards.




My third card is again from a background stamp, a JudiKins wood mount of butterflies from many years ago.  This time simply inked with multiple Distress Inks, spritzed and stamped.  I did follow the card design on this one.  Getting those inchies straight is a chore and I'm not sure I would do this again.  I'm not fond of being so exact, LOL.  However, I am happy with the results.



Thanks for looking:)

3 comments:

  1. i really dig these cards! Love the die cuts with the watercoloring. So stunning. Great day 1&2 even though its over (I'm still at day one... need to get cracking!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards,especially the birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards -- LOVE the birds on the line of music!!!

    ReplyDelete