Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Happy Mother's Day to all moms and daughters and sons.  My mom has been gone for many years now and though a day doesn't go by without my thinking of her, she is always on my mind this weekend in particular.  I miss her and love her dearly.

I had a great time last night, though I stayed up too late…one o'clock this morning…making a card for my step-daughter Julia.  She is a mother of two little ones and I hope she will enjoy this card I made for her.  I did not know what I was going to make her.  While cruising one of my favorite SVG shops, Birds Cards, I came across this free trellis SVG file.

It became my inspiration to the card below.  The card base is a Club Scrap shimmery, heavy, green vellum.  The trellis was cut on my Klic N Kut using Make The Cut software.  The paper for the trellis is from a Kathy Davis paper pad called Butterfly Promise as is the envelope.  Lacey butterflies are a Memory Box die.  I made 4 from an Anna Griffin pad in various pink floral prints then doubled them up and added tiny pearls for the body.  Labels are PTI and the sentiment is from an unknown stamp stash of mine.

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment!
































No comments:

Post a Comment