Monday, June 3, 2013

Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #119 "Flagged Borders"

Today's challenge is to use banners.  I like the look of banners but haven't used them very much.  I do not have any banner style dies so I hand cut them all.  Generally I also don't make very fussy cards but this challenge was a great way to use up some 6x6 paper pads with coordinating patterned papers.

All patterned papers are from Echo Park's Victoria Garden collection.  I used the Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 2 die cut shape and then stamped the ends with a corner flourish from the Mat Stack 2 stamp set.  Happy Birthday is from their Happiness in Bloom stamp set.  The top border strip was punched out with a border punch from Martha Stewart.

I created the blotches on the white card stock by dabbing Distress Stains' Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage onto a craft mat.  Then just laid the card front onto the stains and lifted straight up so as not to smear the colors.  I like how it gives a floral feeling background.




Hoping to do more of these.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely. Lovely. The color selection is wonderful. And love those banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin every pattern on your papers! But that sploching idea, can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is very nice! Great card, Farley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour co-ordination on your pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you used the mat stack on this card. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Love the layered banners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful papers and colors! I love the splotches you added, I forgot to do that part. Kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful patterned papers! All of the banners are layered perfectly! Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh such pretty patterns and colors on your flags, Farley

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely! Great background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these colours! They give your card such a Victorian feel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty papers, and I like the way you did your splotches, good idea! This card turned out really super.

    ReplyDelete