Monday, April 22, 2013

Major playtime over the weekend

I've been a member of Paper Artists Online for about 3 years or so but I haven't been very active with this very talented group.  This past weekend was a Cyber Crop of Challenges.  Wow, did it get my creative mojo moving!  There were a dozen or more challenges and I chose 5, three of which I got around to doing.  I still hope to do the other two.

Without too much explanation I am going to show what I was inspired to make because of the challenges presented to us.

First up is the monthly Card Sketch Challenge where my buddy Jen challenges us to a use one of her fabulous cards sketches to follow.  I chose to use a recently acquired stamp and die set from Stamps of Life.  Love this Penguin.


This challenge was "Stencils and Masks".  I made 3 bold stencil panels using Dylusions Spray Inks, then cut small panels out of that and stamped a pen line drawing of a flower on top of stenciled areas.


Another challenge I enjoyed was "Ways with Washi".  We could use washi in any manner on any type of project we wish.  First I cut a card stock panel about 5x7 and then layered side-by-side rows of washi tape.

Then using a dress and hanger die and cloud dies,  I cut out the shapes from the washi panel to make these two cards.


Cloud dies are from My Favorite Things.


Dress and hanger die are from Memory Box.


Lastly for the weekend I chose to do the "Lost Treasures" challenge.  This merely involves using something you haven't touched in a very long time if ever.  Last Fall I went all out over the Inkadinkadoo Stamp Gear.  After playing with it initially it was put away and forgotten.   As I've been still moving stuff back into my improved craft room I "refound" the stamp gear.  I must say I did enjoy using it and maybe I'll give it another try.  For this one I just sprayed with Dylusions plus a little Perfect Pearls mist in a gold then stamped with the smallest gear to make this pattern.   I will probably cut it up to use for panels for a card.




One more item...earlier in the week I made this card just to play with the new stamps I got at a recent stamp show I attended.  The tag stamps are from Invoke the Spirit of Art.  The die cut window behind the tags is from Cheery Lynn Designs.




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Farley!
    The stamp wheel creation is gorgeous. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much art to look at! Thanks, Farley - I'm always inspired looking at your work. Post often! :)

    ReplyDelete