Monday, April 29, 2013

His & Her Cards Day One - First Set

I'm taking another class from Online Card Classes.  I love these classes and how it stretches me to use my stash of paper and stamps in a new way.  This class is all about making his and her cards using the same designs but changing a detail or two to make it masculine or feminine.  I use these classes to get new ideas.  Some samples I follow closely and others I use as a jumping off point and let my imagination take over.  The below cards loosely represent the challenge.

First was a nice technique using Distress Markers as a source for watercoloring stamps.  I used the water color technique for the feminine card.  The masculine card was fun since it is made up of "found" items I totally forgot about.

Hers:



His:

4 comments:

  1. both cards are lovely, but the masculine one is SUPERB! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, I like how you used that "coaster" from the SSS kit and the dragonfly addition to the floral,card is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them. How did you color the masculine card? Is that a stamp like Kristina's cool grunge stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards - that masculine one is AMAZING! :D

    ReplyDelete