Monday, May 6, 2013

PAO Art Journal Challenge

This weekend I joined in on the PAO Art Journal Challenge as part of the celebration of National Scrapbooking Day.  I learned a lot!  I learned I don't know much about art journals and how they are constructed with multiple applications of gesso, matte medium, gel medium and so on.  But that didn't stop me from striking out on a slightly different path, creating one anyway and enjoying every minute of it.

What I did do was explore and play with chip board, gesso, stencils, masks, inks, Dylusion Ink Sprays and Distress Paints.  Loved every messy minute of it.

First I started with cutting chip board into 6x6 squares for the pages and added large shipping tags for additional journaling space.


Covered each page in Gesso, front and back.



Now came the fun part of using Distress Paints to color each page plus I found some items to adhere to a few of the pages before painting.


Next I started adding stenciled images with Dylusion Sprays and stamped bold flower and feather stamps by Alisa Burke using Distress Paints.



Finally I bound the whole mess with my Bind-It-All.




3 comments:

  1. those are some very cool pages, farley. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has knocked my socks off. And to think, you accomplished all of that in a weekend. No wonder you were so quiet. Snort? I love the colors and textures and everything. It would take me five years to do this! Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is fantastic Farley! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete