Saturday, September 22, 2012

PINK!

I have this love - hate relationship with the color pink.  Most of the time I think I don't like it.  But then I look in my closet and realize I do own a few items of clothing in pink.  Paper crafting is where I have had real trouble with this color.  I think I like pink and then I receive a scrapping kit collection and the pink will remind me of Kaopectate...hahahaha.  Then I see another collection and I'll love it.

So I am enjoying May Flaum's "Kit-Tastic" class.  This is about making your own kits from what you already have or at the very least USE what you have.  I recently bought Carta Bella's "Paris Girl"...it is white, black and PINK!  What was I thinking?  So for one of the challenges this week of "contrast" I grabbed Paris Girl and made these cards attempting to show contrast.  I don't know if I achieved that particular goal, but HEY... I like them!

Card base is from Club Scrap's "Haberdashery", a very pretty and sophisticated grey pinstripe-textured paper.  All other papers are Paris Girl, paper tape flower, assorted buttons and Dazzles stickers in black on the right card.



BTW, the lacy background was just from me fooling around with the Inkadinkado Stamping Gear on white paper which I photographed the cards on.

No comments:

Post a Comment