Monday, April 21, 2014

Watercolor for Cards Warm-Up

Yes, another OCC to take: WATERCOLOR FOR CARDS.  I thought I would take a break from them, but I couldn't resist learning more about watercoloring.  Today our forum, supply lists and a pre-exercise opened up.  Our task until May 5th is to familiarize ourselves with whatever watercolor mediums we may have and try out some of our own cards for a warm up.

Here is mine.  I used "never-before-used" stamps from CTMH's Funky Blossoms, a homemade ink pad of 9 different Distress Inks and a watercolor brush.  I first stamped the flower with various colors in my ink pad, using a mask to layer the flower.  Then with the watercolor brush, pull the color from the edges to fill in the white spaces.




Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vibrant colours caught my eye right away in the gallery, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is a technique I am going to try right away!!! Your card is amazing, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so rich and colorful. lovely.

    ReplyDelete