Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jen's February Card Sketch Challenge and more...

More being Nancy's Squirrel Challenge to use some items never used and make it a guy item.  I'm not sure what to think of this card.  Often when I am doing a challenge...I AM challenged.  I wanted to use a hot air balloon theme for Jen's and make it guy-ish for Nancy's.  I fit those bills but not sure I am loving this card.  I used the CTMH "Artiste" cartridge with my Cricut for the Balloons.  All other materials are from Club Scrap.


4 comments:

  1. What are you not loving? I love all the textures and the pop of color (great color combo!).

    Hmmm, maybe it needs a sentiment on a tag/banner near the bottom right of the biggest balloon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I better check out that cartridge more carefully! I like the way you've done the different sizes, suggests movement.

    The only suggestion I have is that it seems a bit left side heavy. A sentiment or perhaps a small embellishment, say on the band that goes across might work. Like three little brads in a line next to the watch face. Clear as mud?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas Pam and Nancy. I was trying to keep the base card and the embossed clocks exposed because I like it so much. But I guess I shouldn't worry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card just blows me away. No pun intended. And, as you know, I had to run right out and buy that embossing folder. You have really created a beauty here. Don't know why you don't know what to think about this card. I hope you have learned to love it as much as I do. And thanks for playing along with my sketch.

    ReplyDelete